If you haven’t heard about the Zika virus yet, you will. The effects on unborn children and of course, their parents, are devastating. The toll its taking on people living in the Caribbean and Brazil is horrendous.
The virus is spreading and has been found in the United States. As far north as New York city. Below are some resources to learn more:
- EveryDayHealth: 10 Essential Facts About The Zika Virus
- TampaBay.com (Tampa, FL): Here’s What You Need To Know About The Zika Virus If You Are Living In Florida; Tampa Bay Times has also run several articles in print about Zika mentioning NPMA including one titled “Bugged About That Skeeter?” and another titled “Zika’s Sting Turns Up In Hillsborough”.
- New York Daily News (New York, NY): The Buzz On Zika, A Mosquito-borne Virus – Be Wary But Not Terrified
- Weather.com: Reporter interviewed Dr. Fredericks on January 26.
- Tallahassee Democrat (Tallahassee, FL): Reporter interviewed Dr. Parada on January 19.
- CBS New York Radio (New York, NY): Reporter interviewed Dr. Parada on January 22.
Safeguard and it’s employees are not experts about viruses, and the scope and nature of this threat may change. Stay tuned.
Most homes in the Northwest have tight fitting screens, which is good, and we haven’t seen reports of the virus in our yet, but who knows what warmer weather will bring?
Mosquitoes prefer to feed within 100 feet if where they breed. We can provide site inspections and prevention measures to reduce the number mosquitoes that breed around your home. We can help you make your home and yard less attractive, and we can provide treatment services to reduce mosquito populations.
We cannot get rid of all mosquitoes in a neighborhood, we can’t treat your neighbor’s home without permission, and we cannot guarantee you won’t get bit, but we can help. Let us know – if you need us!Share on Facebook